Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Love the Holidays

Things have been crazy busy at our house, as I am sure they have been at yours. Aren't the holidays wonderful? Sure, we squeeze lots of extra activities, tasks, and social events into our schedules, but at least it's fun stuff. I love any excuse to buy and wrap presents, make crafty things, decorate my house, and bake yummy treats; so give me a time that brings all of that together, and I am certain to feel like life is magical.

I am also lucky enough to celebrate my anniversary (7 years!) and endless family birthdays in December. Danny's birthday was Saturday and it was a rather momentous one. I love telling him how lucky he is to be married to a girl in her 20's. ;) There is certainly no shortage of blessings and happy celebrations in my life, and I especially appreciate the opportunity to be surrounded by family, friends, and holiday whimsy this year when so many things seem to be going wrong in the world. I hope everyone is able to live in the moment a little bit this season and enjoy the simple pleasures of Christmas. We can worry about everything else in January, right?

Here are a few of my favorite things about the holidays:


#1 - Favorite Christmas Song: Oh Holy Night


#2 - Favorite Christmas Music Albums: Mariah Carey, Transsiberian Orchestra, Christmas with the Chipmunks, and the Time-Life Treasury of Christmas




#3 - Holiday MUST: Real Christmas Tree

#4 - Longest-Running Family Tradition: Mom's butterscotch rolls on Christmas morning


#5 - Unfulfilled Christmas Wish: To go ice skating and see the tree at Rockefeller Center in New York




#6 - A gift I'd like to give this year: Chocolate mice from L.A. Burdick

No comments: