Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Love Purses and Bags - Who Doesn't??


I love a great bag as much as the next girl. Unfortunately, I do most of my loving from the wrong side of several hundred dollars. What's that saying about caviar taste on a canned tuna diet? For me, bag browsing is a bittersweet compulsion.

I suppose it is a good thing that I am "financially challenged" because my style choices are quite fickle. In middle-class-land, where I currently reside, I think I would be ethically obligated to use the same bag for a decade if I spent hundreds of dollars on it. But, I don't want to be stuck in a 00's rut in the 10's, do I now?


And then there would be the associated guilt of carrying around a few pieces of leather or fabric on my shoulder that could have just as easily fed a family for an entire month. Now wearing it on my feet, that's a whole different story....

Regardless, I do have to have appreciation for the beautiful art that is bag-making. Pictured, are some of my at-the-moment favorites. Oooohhhh and aahhhhhh with me now....





Well, that was all pretty much one giant ramble since I actually signed on to post about Flickr's "What's In My Bag" cluster. People have emptied their purses and bags and photographed the contents. It is unexpectedly fascinating. I guess it is probably similar to the curiosity we have to read other people's blogs. It's all very invisibility/x-ray-vision-super-power-like. Post a picture of your stuff, and I'll try to guess which one is yours!!

http://flickr.com/photos/tags/whatsinmybag/clusters/

No comments: